11 JAN 2019 | FRI | 3PM
(In Cantonese 粵語主講)
Speaker: Sanders Lau
What is a Historically Informed Performance (H.I.P.)? The choirmaster of Hong Kong’s Die Konzertisten, Sanders Lau, will conduct this guided concert, presenting excerpts from J.S. Bach’s monumental Mass in B Minor and explaining how H.I.P. aims to restore the original audience experience with artistic faithfulness. Participants will also get to discover the unique sounds of period instruments up close.
Jonathan Cohen, conductor / harpsichord
Lydia Teuscher, soprano
Tim Mead, countertenor
Samuel Boden, tenor
Alison Lau, soprano
Caleb Woo, bass
Cammer Musicus (HK)
Felix Yeung, choirmaster / organ
Sanders Lau, choirmaster
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
FREE via online registration
- For ages 6+
- Approximately 1.5 hours without intermission
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually.
- No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.
- Mass in B Minor is a programme of Project H.I.P. Project H.I.P. is financially supported by the Arts Capacity Development Funding Scheme of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- The content of this programme does not reflect the views of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
In association with