11 DEC 2021 | SAT | 8PM
Jazz is an ever-evolving musical landscape, with all its practitioners striving forward on the shoulders of giants. In this concert, Hong Kong Jazz pianist and composer Patrick Lui will present his original compositions and arrangements of celebrated jazz standards with his big band. Soloists joining the ensemble are Gordon Lee (harmonica), Angelita Li (vocal), Ken Kwok (tap dancing), and Eugene Pao (guitar). With this carefully selected programme, the musicians wish to pay tribute to the legends who inspired and paved the road: “all the things you are have opened doors to the possibilities of all the things we can be!”
Patrick LUI The Most Beautiful Smile
Patrick LUI Mirror Dance
Eugene PAO Comfort Zone
Eugene PAO Offside
Pat METHENY Travels
Antônio Carlos JOBIM Ligia
Joni MITCHELL Both Sides Now
George SHEARING Lullaby of Birdland
Maria JOÃO & Mário LAGINHA Tralha
Patrick Lui Jazz Orchestra
Eugene Pao, guitar
Angelita Li, vocal
Gordon Lee, harmonica
Ken Kwok, tap dancing
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
- For ages 8+
- Tickets at art-mate.net
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 or above & people with disabilities 50% off
New Admission Arrangements
According to the HK Government’s latest requirements, all concert-goers except for exempted persons* are required to use the “LeaveHomeSave” app to scan the venue QR code before entering the Grand Hall. To avoid delay in admission, please allow sufficient time to complete the registration.
*Persons aged below 15 or aged 65 or above and those with disabilities that render use of the app difficult. All exempted persons are required to register their names, their contact numbers, and the date and time of their visits. They are also required to present relevant identification documents for verification at the request of the staff on-site during registration.
- Patrons under the age of 8 will not be admitted.
- The programme is approximately 70 mins without intermission.
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually. No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Please show the QR code in your confirmation email for admission.
- Due to social distancing requirements, some seats in the Grand Hall will be left empty. Please only take your assigned seat as stated on the ticket.
- A temperature check will be conducted upon entry. Anyone with fever or respiratory symptoms should seek medical advice and will not be admitted.
- Hand sanitising stations are available at the foyer.
- Guests are required to wear masks throughout the event.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.