12 NOV 2021 | FRI | 6:30PM
說到英文藝術歌曲，往往會聯想到約翰·道蘭（John Dowland）的《別再哭泣，悲傷之泉》，優美的旋律帶著絲絲哀愁，別具風格。今個樂季的《薄暮樂敍》，陳慶恩教授請來香港炙手可熱的女中音張吟晶，帶領大家從這首文藝復興名曲出發，跨越四百年時空，細說道蘭、葛尼（Ivor Gurney）、華洛克（Peter Warlock），以至當代美國作曲家海濟（Jake Heggie）如何以音樂將文字所表達的意念發揮得淋漓盡致。張吟晶將由鋼琴家陳子欣伴奏，齊來聽她詮釋及娓娓道來這些聲樂精品！
“Weep you no more, sad fountains” is a widely beloved song by the 16th century composer-lutenist John Dowland. Departing from this beautiful work, Hong Kong’s most sought-after mezzo-soprano Samantha Chong invites the audience to embark on a 400-year journey of English songs: from Renaissance’s Dowland, through Ivor Gurney and Peter Warlock, to modern-day highly versatile American composer Jake Heggie. Hosted by Prof. Chan Hing-yan and accompanied by pianist Ingrid Chan, join Samantha in this lecture-demonstration and discover the beauty of these vocal gems!
DOWLAND ‘Weep you no more, sad fountains’ from The Third and Last Booke of Songs or Aires
GURNEY ‘Desire in Spring’
HEGGIE ‘Snake’ from Eve-Song
張吟晶／女中音 Samantha Chong, mezzo-soprano
陳子欣／鋼琴 Ingrid Chan, piano
陳慶恩教授／主持 Prof. Chan Hing-yan, host
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
$20 (admin fee)
- For ages 8+
- Tickets at art-mate.net
- Patrons under the age of 8 will not be admitted.
- The programme is approximately 1 hour without intermission.
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually. No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Please show the QR code in your confirmation email for admission.
- Due to social distancing requirements, some seats in the Grand Hall will be left empty. Please only take your assigned seat as stated on the ticket.
- A temperature check will be conducted upon entry. Anyone with fever or respiratory symptoms should seek medical advice and will not be admitted.
- Hand sanitising stations are available at the foyer.
- Guests are required to wear masks throughout the event.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.