24 OCT 2021 | SUN | 3PM
港樂 x 港大繆思樂季：「聚焦管弦」系列
HK Phil x HKU MUSE: Orchestral Spotlights
The Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra, in collaboration with HKU MUSE, is delighted to showcase the bassoonists of the HK Phil, as part of this chamber music series spotlighting different sections of the orchestra. This varied programme gives the chance to know the bassoon more closely, with its large range of colours, textures, and techniques. In addition to lively original compositions for bassoon ensembles of two to five players, the programme features works for solo bassoon and solo contrabassoon, as well as a world premiere by HKU composer Peter Tang. A selection of movements from Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition arranged for five bassoons will conclude the performance.
Jenni BRANDON Colored Stones: Smoky Quartz
Francisco MIGNONE Sonata No. 1 for Two Bassoons
Erwin SCHULHOFF Bassnachtigall (Bass Nightingale)
Dai FUJIKURA Following
Peter TANG Humoresque (World Premiere)
Victor BRUNS Kleine Suite No. 1, Op. 55
DEBUSSY Girl with the Flaxen Hair
MUSSORGSKY Selections from Pictures at an Exhibition
布隆斯 第一小組曲，Op. 55
HK Phil Bassoon Section 港樂巴松管小組
Benjamin Moermond, bassoon
Toby Chan, bassoon
Vance Lee, bassoon
Fox Chan King-hei^, bassoon
Adam Treverton Jones, contrabassoon
^ The Orchestra Academy Hong Kong (TOA) Fellow 「管弦樂精英訓練計劃」駐團學員
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
- For ages 8+
- Tickets at art-mate.net
- Patrons under the age of 8 will not be admitted.
- The programme is approximately 1 hour without intermission.
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually. No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Please show the QR code in your confirmation email for admission.
- Due to social distancing requirements, some seats in the Grand Hall will be left empty. Please only take your assigned seat as stated on the ticket.
- A temperature check will be conducted upon entry. Anyone with fever or respiratory symptoms should seek medical advice and will not be admitted.
- Hand sanitising stations are available at the foyer.
- Guests are required to wear masks throughout the event.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.