17 SEP 2017 | SUN | 8:00PM
This event is part of the Complete Cycle of Beethoven’s Piano Sonatas
Piano Sonata No. 13 in E-flat major, Op. 27, No. 1
Piano Sonata No. 14 in C-sharp minor, Op. 27, No. 2, ‘Moonlight’
Piano Sonata No. 15 in D major, Op. 28, ‘Pastoral’
Piano Sonata No. 16 in G major, Op. 31, No. 1
Beethoven continued to experiment with the four-movement form with his Op. 27. The slow first movement of the so-called ‘Moonlight’ Sonata (Op. 27, No. 2) evokes an image of a serene mossonlit night. Op. 28 is no less poetic than ‘Moonlight’. It was given its nickname ‘Pastoral’ by Beethoven’s publisher for its rustic character.
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
Book 3-5 concerts – save 20%
Book 6-7 concerts – save 30%
Book 8 concerts – save 40%
- HKU Discounts: Students $50 | Staff 15% off (Valid HKU student / staff card required upon purchase at URBTIX outlets and entry to venue
- Concession tickets are also available
- Discounts cannot be combined.
- For ages 6+
- Approximately 1.5 hours with an intermission
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually.
- No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.