17 SEP 2017 | SUN | 3:30PM
This event is part of the Complete Cycle of Beethoven’s Piano Sonatas
Piano Sonata No. 9 in E major, Op. 14, No. 1
Piano Sonata No. 10 in G major, Op. 14, No. 2
Piano Sonata No. 11 in B-flat major, Op. 22
Piano Sonata No. 12 in A-flat major, Op. 26, ‘Funeral March’
Beethoven returned to a more conventional style in his Op. 14 and Op. 22, seemingly bidding farewell to the classical sonata procedure before transforming it into a drama of epic proportions. ‘Funeral March’ Sonata (Op. 26) is the starting point of such a departure.
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
Book 3-5 concerts – save 20%
Book 6-7 concerts – save 30%
Book 8 concerts – save 40%
- HKU Discounts: Students $50 | Staff 15% off (Valid HKU student / staff card required upon purchase at URBTIX outlets and entry to venue
- Concession tickets are also available
- Discounts cannot be combined.
- For ages 6+
- Approximately 1.5 hours with an intermission
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually.
- No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.