16 SEP 2017 | SAT | 8:00PM
This event is part of the Complete Cycle of Beethoven’s Piano Sonatas
Piano Sonata No. 5 in C minor, Op. 10, No. 1
Piano Sonata No. 6 in F major, Op. 10, No. 2
Piano Sonata No. 7 in D major, Op. 10, No. 3
Piano Sonata No. 8 in C minor, Op. 13, ‘Pathétique’
There is a FREE ‘Music in Words‘ talk ahead of this concert at 6:30pm.
Composed in 1798, the set of Op. 10 is multifaceted in character: drama, lyricism and humour. Many of its dramatic features prefigure those of ‘Pathétique’ (Op. 13), which yet transcends the drama of Op. 10 into one of tragedy.
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
Book 3-5 concerts – save 20%
Book 6-7 concerts – save 30%
Book 8 concerts – save 40%
- HKU Discounts: Students $50 | Staff 15% off (Valid HKU student / staff card required upon purchase at URBTIX outlets and entry to venue)
- Concession tickets are also available.
- Discounts cannot be combined.
- For ages 6+
- Approximately 1.5 hours with an intermission
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually.
- No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.