15 SEP 2017 | FRI | 8:00PM
This event is part of the Complete Cycle of Beethoven’s Piano Sonatas
Piano Sonata No. 1 in F minor, Op. 2, No. 1
Piano Sonata No. 2 in A major, Op. 2, No. 2
Piano Sonata No. 3 in C major, Op. 2, No. 3
Piano Sonata No. 4 in E-flat major, Op. 7, ‘Grand Sonata’
There is a FREE ‘Music in Words‘ talk ahead of this concert at 6:30pm.
As early as 1795, Beethoven already demonstrated his mastery and innovation in phrase structure and harmonic design with his three sonatas of Op. 2. One year later, he composed ‘The Grand Sonata’ (Op. 7), one of the most technically demanding among Beethoven’s 32 piano sonatas.
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
Book 3-5 concerts – save 20%
Book 6-7 concerts – save 30%
Book 8 concerts – save 40%
- HKU Discounts: Students $50 | Staff 15% off (Valid HKU student / staff card required upon purchase at URBTIX outlets and entry to venue
- Concession tickets are also available
- Discounts cannot be combined.
- For ages 6+
- Approximately 1.5 hours with an intermission
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually.
- No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.