16 APR 2023 | SUN | 3:30PM
This event is part of the ‘Russian Piano Classics‘ Series.
RACHMANINOV 24 Preludes (with two alternating pianos)
Prelude in C-sharp minor, Op. 3, No. 2
10 Preludes, Op. 23
13 Preludes, Op. 32
At 19, Sergei Rachmaninov composed the C-sharp minor prelude right after he graduated from the Moscow Conservatory. Its huge success motivated him to complete a set of 24 preludes following Chopin’s footsteps, except that Rachmaninov’s are all full-length pieces, demanding stratospheric keyboard technique and penetrating musicianship. Celebrating Rachmaninov’s 150th anniversary this year, pianist Konstantin Lifschitz will join forces with fellow Gnessin Academy pianist and lifelong friend Alexei Volodin in unveiling the set’s expansively colourful sonorities, with two alternating pianos on stage.
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
- For ages 10+
- Tickets at art-mate.net starting 5 JAN noon
‘MUSE at 10’ Package Discount
- Save 10% with Early Bird code MUSEat10 (valid until 30 JAN 2023)
- Save 20% for booking of 3-4 concerts
- Save 30% for booking of 5-7 concerts
- Save 40% for booking of 8 or more concerts
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 or above & people with disabilities 50% off
- For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket at the same concessionary rate for a minder
- HKU Student Discount: $50*
- With limited quota. Discounts cannot be combined
* Maximum 2 tickets per transaction. Available to current HKU students only. HKU ID required upon purchase and must be presented for entry.
- Patrons under the age of 10 will not be admitted.
- The programme is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes with an intermission.
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually. No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.
- The presenter reserves the right to make final decisions on seating arrangement, to deny entry, and reserve all rights of final arbitration in case of dispute.
In collaboration with