15 APR 2023 | SAT | 8PM
This event is part of the ‘Russian Piano Classics‘ Series.
RACHMANINOV Variations on a Theme of Corelli, Op. 42
SHOSTAKOVICH 24 Preludes, Op. 34
PROKOFIEV 3 Pieces for Piano in C major, Op. 59
MEDTNER Sonata-Ballade, Op. 27
World-renowned pianist Konstantin Lifschitz has been a great friend of HKU MUSE, having presented many recitals, dialogues, and recording projects since 2015. This year, the Ukraine-born pianist brings us yet another thought-provoking solo programme, uncovering the lesser-performed gems by four Russian titans: Rachmaninov, Shostakovich, Prokofiev and Medtner. Each of the carefully selected piano works evokes a sense of intimacy and distinguished character, and together, a compelling soundscape.
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
- For ages 10+
- Tickets at art-mate.net starting 5 JAN noon
‘MUSE at 10’ Package Discount
- Save 10% with Early Bird code MUSEat10 (valid until 30 JAN 6PM)
- Save 20% for booking of 3-4 concerts
- Save 30% for booking of 5-7 concerts
- Save 40% for booking of 8 or more concerts
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 or above & people with disabilities 50% off
- For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket at the same concessionary rate for a minder
- HKU Student Discount: $50*
- With limited quota. Discounts cannot be combined
* Applicable to all price categories.
Maximum 2 tickets per transaction. Available to current HKU students only. HKU ID required upon purchase and must be presented for entry.
- Patrons under the age of 10 will not be admitted.
- The programme is approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes with an intermission.
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually. No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.
- The presenter reserves the right to make final decisions on seating arrangement, to deny entry, and reserve all rights of final arbitration in case of dispute.
In collaboration with