14 JUN 2018 | THU | 8PM
DEBUSSY / KEREN Fireworks – Prelude for Piano (Asia Premiere)
MENDELSSOHN Violin Concerto in E minor, Op. 64
GERSHWIN / KEREN Variations on themes from Porgy and Bess (HK Premiere)
BEETHOVEN Symphony No. 8 in F major, Op. 93
From Beethoven’s Symphony No. 8 to Gershwin’s Porgy and Bess, be ready for an uncustomary orchestral programme wittily compiled by David Greilsammer, the music director of Geneva Camerata. Featuring the brilliant violinist Viktoria Mullova, winner of both the Sibelius and Tchaikovsky Competitions, the audience will hear her virtuosic technique as well as matchless interpretative subtlety on Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto in E minor, Op. 64. This will surely be one of the most exciting concerts of the year, with more originality brought by Jonathan Keren’s composition based on Gershwin’s Porgy and Bess, and his orchestral arrangement of Debussy’s Fireworks.
David Greilsammer, conductor
Viktoria Mullova, violin
Mara Miribung, cello
Music in Words with David Greilsammer
Moderator: Prof. Daniel Chua, Chairperson, Department of Music, HKU
14 JUN 2018 | THU | 6:45-7:30PM
Rehearsal Room, LG1/F, Run Run Shaw Tower, HKU
FREE via online registration
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
- HKU Discounts: Students $50 | Staff 15% off (Valid HKU student / staff card required upon purchase at URBTIX outlets and entry to venue)
- Half-price concession tickets are also available.
- Discounts cannot be combined.
- For ages 6+
- Approximately 2 hours with an intermission
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually.
- No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.
In Association with Consulate General of Switzerland in Hong Kong