23 FEB 2023 | THU | 6:30PM
(In English 英語主講)
20 years after his first Schubert series at the Wigmore Hall, British pianist Paul Lewis brings renewed insights with his attempt to present the cycle again this season. As part of this year’s Rayson Huang Lecture hosted by Prof. Daniel Chua, HKU’s Chair Professor of Music, Lewis will share his thoughts on the significance of Schubert’s sonatas and explain why these sublime works resonate now more than ever.
Speaker: Paul Lewis
Moderator: Prof. Daniel Chua, Chairperson, Department of Music, HKU
- Patrons under the age of 10 will not be admitted.
- The programme is approximately 1 hour without intermission.
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually. No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- The presenter reserves the right to make final decisions on seating arrangement.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.
- Guests are required to wear masks throughout the event.
- The presenter reserves the right to deny entry or to require anyone to leave if the above-mentioned instructions have not been observed, and reserve all rights of final arbitration in case of dispute.