19 FEB 2023 | SUN | 3PM
Cello Suite No. 1 in G major, BWV 1007
Cello Suite No. 5 in C minor, BWV 1011
Cello Suite No. 6 in D major, BWV 1012
“You’ll be amazed at his extraordinary expressive range, and share his delight in demonstrating such command over the instrument.” (Gramophone)
Who is your favourite interpreter of Bach’s magnificent Cello Suites? Come discover the complete set with Israeli cellist Gavriel Lipkind, winner of both the Rostropovich and the Leonard Rose International Cello Competitions. His interpretations of the suites were described as “a unique, creative, imaginative, rich personal artistic expression of the world of Bach and the Baroque” by his teacher, the noted cellist Uzi Wiesel, a former pupil of Pablo Casals. Possessing a thorough understanding and an exquisite taste to bring the music alive, Lipkind will present all six suites over two concerts, along with a ‘Music in Words’ talk hosted by Prof. Daniel Chua.
以色列大提琴家利普金即將到訪港大，帶來巴赫恢宏的《無伴奏大提琴組曲》全集。利普金獲獎無數，包括羅斯托波維奇及李納德羅斯國際大賽，師承著名大提琴家烏茲．維塞爾（Uzi Wiesel），即卡薩爾斯（Pablo Casals）的門生。維塞爾稱譽他「對巴赫和巴洛克音樂有獨特、富創造力和想像力的詮釋，充滿豐富的個人色彩」。一連兩場音樂會中，利普金將以對作品的透徹理解和高雅品味演奏全套六首組曲，更會於「樂語融融」講座與蔡寬量教授對談。
Music in Words with Gavriel Lipkind: Performing the Bach Suites
(In English 英語主講)
Moderator: Prof. Daniel Chua, Chairperson, Department of Music, HKU
17 FEB 2023 | FRI | 7PM
Rehearsal Room, LG1/F, Run Run Shaw Tower, HKU
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
- For ages 10+
- Tickets at art-mate.net starting 5 JAN noon
‘MUSE at 10’ Package Discount
- Save 10% with Early Bird code MUSEat10 (valid until 30 JAN 6PM)
- Save 20% for booking of 3-4 concerts
- Save 30% for booking of 5-7 concerts
- Save 40% for booking of 8 or more concerts
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 or above & people with disabilities 50% off
- For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket at the same concessionary rate for a minder
- HKU Student Discount: $50
(Student ID required upon purchase, maximum 2 tickets per transaction)
- With limited quota. Discounts cannot be combined
- Patrons under the age of 10 will not be admitted.
- The programme is approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes with an intermission.
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually. No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- The presenter reserves the right to make final decisions on seating arrangement.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.
- A temperature check will be conducted upon entry. Anyone with fever or respiratory symptoms should seek medical advice and will not be admitted.
- Guests are required to wear masks throughout the event.
- Due to social distancing requirements, some seats in the venue will be left empty. Please only take your assigned seat as stated on the ticket.
- The presenter reserves the right to deny entry or to require anyone to leave if the above-mentioned instructions have not been observed, and reserve all rights of final arbitration in case of dispute.