17 FEB 2023 | FRI | 7PM
(In English 英語主講)
“Bach’s cello suites were the first music I ever tried to play on the cello. Coming from a non-musician family of Bach devotees and baroque enthusiasts, there was always a sense of a scientific-spiritual-human truth to be discovered in the music of the ‘Supreme Master’. This music never mixed with any other.”—Gavriel Lipkind
On the day before his Hong Kong Debut, Israeli cellist Gavriel Lipkind will chat with Prof. Daniel Chua, detailing his journey with the Bach Suites and sharing his insights on performing and recording the magnificent work.
Speaker: Gavriel Lipkind
Moderator: Prof. Daniel Chua, Chairperson, Department of Music, HKU
- Patrons under the age of 10 will not be admitted.
- The programme is approximately 1 hour without intermission.
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually. No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- The presenter reserves the right to make final decisions on seating arrangement.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.
- Guests are required to wear masks throughout the event.
- The presenter reserves the right to deny entry or to require anyone to leave if the above-mentioned instructions have not been observed, and reserve all rights of final arbitration in case of dispute.