3 NOV 2023 | FRI | 8PM
The binational contemporary jazz group Invisible Architecture reunites for the first time since their winning of the Golden Melody Awards in 2022, bringing to HKU MUSE a debut performance of their album Between Now and Never. Comprised of Hong Kong native guitarist Alan Kwan, American drummer Matt Young, and keyboardist Jordan Gheen, the group will be joined by bassist Mike Luzecky. Together they will take the audience on an exploration between imagination and the imaginable with a virtuosic, live interpretation of their genre-melding works that fuse electronica with modern jazz vocabulary. The programme also features a short sharing by the group, revealing intimate details of the creative processes and inspirations behind the album, which was produced digitally at the height of the pandemic.
爵士樂隊「無形建築」憑首張原創專輯《逗號與句號之間》，勇奪2022年台灣金曲獎演奏類最佳專輯製作人獎。樂隊成員香港結他手關家傑、美國鼓手Matt Young和鍵盤手Jordan Gheen將首度現場演奏這張專輯。他們將聯同貝斯手Mike Luzecky以炫目技巧和即興奇想，帶領觀眾游走虛實之間，融和現代爵士和電子音樂語彚，刻劃出不存在於實體世界的「無形建築」。樂隊成員亦將與觀眾分享疫情期間製作專輯的過程、挑戰和靈感。
Alan Kwan, guitar
Jordan Gheen, keyboard
Matt Young, drums
Mike Luzecky, bass
- Patrons under the age of 10 will not be admitted.
- The programme is approximately 1 hour without intermission.
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually. No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.
- The presenter reserves the right to make final decisions on seating arrangement, to deny entry, and reserve all rights of final arbitration in case of dispute.