07 APR 2017 | FRI | 8PM
J.S. BACH Goldberg Variations, BWV 988
A classical harpsichordist, composer, and jazz pianist? Meet Jean Rondeau from France, one of the most fascinating musicians today. Having started on the harpsichord at age 6, and is now about to turn 26, Rondeau has developed an affinity for the instrument with rock-solid techniques that allows him to explore its endless possibilities and challenges. Winning the first prize at the prestigious Bruges International Harpsichord Competition, Rondeau’s playing was described as ‘lively, ardent, captivating, and always dynamically charged’ (La Libre Belgique). In his Hong Kong debut, Rondeau will present Bach’s Goldberg Variations, infusing the monumental work with a sense of modernity. Come and experience his ongoing curiosity at work, taking the centuries-old instrument back into the spotlight.
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
- Limited half-price concession tickets available
- HKU Discounts: Students $50 | Staff 15% off (Valid HKU student / staff card required upon purchase at URBTIX outlets and entry to venue)
- For ages 6+
- Approximately 1.5 hours without intermission
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually.
- No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.