21 MAR 2020 | SAT | 8PM
This event is part of Beethoven Vision—2020
BEETHOVEN An die ferne Geliebte
SCHUBERT Rellstab-Lieder from Schwanengesang
Requited love, or the absence of it, remains a dominant muse for composers. Come and hear a performance by celebrated tenor Christoph Prégardien, accompanied by Roger Vignoles, of three song cycles of love, loss, and yearning. Beethoven expresses regret and acceptance in his song cycle An die ferne Geliebte. Schubert laments rejected love in the yearning melodies of his Rellstab-Lieder from Schwanengesang. And in Dichterliebe, Schumann depicts a story of love and betrayal set to Heinrich Heine’s poems.
Music in Words with Christoph Prégardien & Roger Vignoles
Moderator: Prof. Giorgio Biancorosso, Department of Music, HKU
20 MAR 2020 | FRI | 7:15PM
Rehearsal Room, LG1/F, Run Run Shaw Tower, HKU
Details to be announced
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
Tickets available at art-mate.net soon.
HKU MUSE Spring 2020 Package:
- Any 3-5 concerts – 20% off for standard prices tickets
- Any 6+ concerts – 30% off for standard prices tickets
- Concerts eligible for discount:
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 or above & people with disabilities: 50% off
- HKU Discounts: Students: $50 | Staff 15% off
- BE A MUSE Member: 10% off
- Discounts cannot be combined
Schubert Nacht und Träume - Christoph Prégardien and Ulrich Eisenlohr
- Patrons under the age of 12 will not be admitted.
- Approximately 90 minutes with an intermission
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually.
- No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists subject to change