01 JUN 2018 | FRI | 8PM
MOZART Rondo in A minor, K. 511
PROKOFIEV Visions fugitives, Op. 22
BEETHOVEN Piano Sonata No. 30 in E major, Op. 109
SCHUBERT Piano Sonata No. 21 in B-flat major, D. 960
HONG KONG DEBUT
“Mr. Denk, clearly, is a pianist you want to hear no matter what he performs,” reviewed the New York Times. As a concert pianist who is eloquent both with musical notes and words, Denk has impressed many not only through his compelling musical interpretations, but also with his witty, insightful contributions on The New Yorker, Newsweek, and other journals alike. Apart from performing and curating, Denk was also the librettist for a semi-satirical opera by Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Steven Stucky. These accomplishments have earned him some of the most prestigious recognitions: winner of the MacArthur “Genius” Fellowship and the Avery Fisher Prize.
Music in Words with Denk
Moderator: Prof. Daniel Chua, Chairperson, Department of Music, HKU
31 MAY 2018 | THU | 6:30-7:30PM
Rehearsal Room, LG1/F, Run Run Shaw Tower, HKU
FREE via online registration
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
- HKU Discounts: Students $50 | Staff 15% off (Valid HKU student / staff card required upon purchase at URBTIX outlets and entry to venue)
- Half-price concession tickets are also available.
- Discounts cannot be combined.
- For ages 6+
- Approximately 2 hours with an intermission
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually.
- No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.