17 MAY 2015 | SUN | 8PM
J.S. BACH The Complete Brandenburg Concertos
Musicians from the Berliner Philharmoniker will present these monumental works in celebration of J. S. Bach’s 330th birthday.
Very few ensembles specializing in early music can display a level of artistic mastery akin to that of the Berliner Barock Solisten (Berlin Baroque Soloists). The musicians play on historic, though modernized instruments, using bows from different periods, depending on the work being performed. Such flexibility, along with the homogeneity with which the ensemble plays and the presence of leading soloists within its ranks, has contributed towards establishing this group’s leading position on the international scene.
Berliner Barock Solisten
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
- Limited half-price concession tickets available
- HKU students $50 (Available at HK Ticketing outlets only. Please present valid HKU ID upon purchase and entry.)
- For ages 6+
- Approximately 2 hours with an intermission
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually.
- No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.