7 OCT 2023 | SAT | 3:30PM
TELEMANN Concerto in G major for Viola, Strings, and Basso Continuo, TWV 51:G9
J.C.F. BACH Sinfonia in D minor, WFV I/3
J.S. BACH Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G major, BWV 1048 (early version)
ROLLA Concertino in E-flat major for Viola and Strings, BI 328+
GALLO Sonata No. 12 for Strings in G minor, ‘La Follia’
PAGANINI Sonata per la grand viola
Eight years after Berliner Barock Solisten graced the Grand Hall stage with the Complete Brandenburg Concertos, our friends return to HKU in October with Diyang Mei, First Principal Viola of the Berliner Philharmoniker since 2022 and the first-ever Chinese member of the orchestra in its 141-year history. This time, the celebrated Baroque ensemble will present a selection of luminous Italian and German works. The programme also features Diyang Mei’s performance of three concertos by Telemann, Rolla, and Paganini in one evening.
Berliner Barock Solisten
Diyang Mei, solo viola
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
$480, 360, 260, 180
- For ages 10+
- Tickets at art-mate.net starting 20 JUL noon
2023/24 Fall Season Package Discount
Not applicable to events at $20 (admin fee)
- Save 10% for booking of 2 concerts
- Save 15% for booking of 3 or more concerts
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 or above & people with disabilities 50% off
- For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket at the same concessionary rate for a minder
- HKU Student Discount: $50* (1 ticket per performance)
- With limited quota. Discounts cannot be combined
* Applicable to $260 and $180 categories only.
Available to current HKU students only. HKU ID required upon purchase and must be presented for entry.
- Patrons under the age of 10 will not be admitted.
- The programme is approximately 2 hours with an intermission.
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually. No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.
- The presenter reserves the right to make final decisions on seating arrangement, to deny entry, and reserve all rights of final arbitration in case of dispute.