4 APR 2020 | SAT | 8PM
BEETHOVEN Violin Sonata No. 6 in A major, Op. 30, No. 1
BEETHOVEN Violin Sonata No. 7 in C minor, Op. 30, No. 2
BEETHOVEN Violin Sonata No. 8 in G major, Op. 30, No. 3
“Faust and Melnikov seemed to perform with one nervous system, and their ability to manipulate these infinitesimal silences elevated their performance from great to exquisite.” – The Boston Globe
Paganini Competition winner Isabelle Faust returns to Hong Kong with pianist Alexander Melnikov to unveil the interlacing harmonic patterns in Beethoven’s 10 sonatas for violin and piano. Presented in three concerts, these lifetime musical testimonies offer the audience a glance through all the ups and downs in Beethoven’s life since he established fame at the young age of 27.
As part of HKU MUSE’s Beethoven Vision—2020 Celebration, Faust and Melnikov’s complete cycle, described by the BBC Music Magazine as “the most stimulating and fascinating accounts of the Beethoven violin sonatas in many years”, is a musical experience not to be missed.
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
$450, $350, $250
Tickets available at art-mate.net soon.
HKU MUSE Spring 2020 Package:
- Any 3-5 concerts – 20% off for standard prices tickets
- Any 6+ concerts – 30% off for standard prices tickets
- Concerts eligible for discount:
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 or above & people with disabilities: 50% off
- HKU Discounts: Students: $50 | Staff 15% off
- BE A MUSE Member: 10% off
- Discounts cannot be combined
Schumann Piano Trio 1 Op. 63 in D minor - Isabelle Faust, Alexander Melnikov and Jean-Guihen Queyras
- Patrons under the age of 12 will not be admitted.
- Approximately 75 minutes without intermission
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually.
- No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change