18 DEC 2022 | SUN | 4PM
Our favourite holiday tradition, Messiah Sing-Along, returns! After a long hiatus due to the pandemic, this highly anticipated comeback edition features a stellar lineup of soloists, including Candice Chung, Jeannette Lee, Sanders Lau, and Wun Wai Ki, with a youthful choir and orchestra under the baton of Felix Shuen.
Join us and share the message of joy and gratitude. Let your singing, practised or rusty, harmonise along Handel’s uplifting masterpiece, and let the ‘Hallelujah’ chorus ring in the hall!
HANDEL Selections from Messiah, HWV 56
A very limited number of scores will be available for sale at the concert. You are strongly encouraged to download them for free now and bring along your own copy. Thank you!
Felix Shuen, conductor 孫子承／指揮
Candice Chung, soprano 鍾嘉欣／女高音
Jeannette Lee, mezzo-soprano 李欣霖／女中音
Sanders Lau, tenor 劉卓熙／男高音
Wun Wai Ki, bass 溫偉圻／男低音
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
- For ages 6+
- Ticketing at art-mate.net starting 22 NOV
'Messiah Sing-Along 2017' Highlights
- Patrons under the age of 6 will not be admitted.
- The programme is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes without intermission.
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually. No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Please show the QR code in your ticket confirmation email for admission.
- The presenters reserve the right to make final decisions on seating arrangement.
- Programmes and artists are subject to change.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed in the Grand Hall.
- Guests are required to wear masks throughout the performance and during the sing-along.
- Except for exempted persons*, all concert-goers are required to use the “LeaveHomeSafe” app to scan the venue QR code before entering the venue.
- Please present an electronic version or a paper copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record for admission. For the latest vaccination requirements of the “Vaccine Pass”, please visit HKU’s COVID-19 Info Hub and the Government’s COVID-19 Thematic Website.
- A temperature check will be conducted upon entry. Anyone with fever or respiratory symptoms should seek medical advice and will not be admitted.
- Please use the disinfectant dispensers and always maintain social distancing.
- Due to social distancing requirements, some seats in the venue will be left empty. Please only take your assigned seat as stated on the ticket.
- The presenters reserve the right to deny entry or to require anyone to leave if, in their opinion, the above-mentioned instructions have not been observed, and reserve all rights of final arbitration in case of dispute.
* Persons aged below 12 or aged 65 or above and those with disabilities that render use of the app difficult. All exempted persons are required to register their names, their contact numbers, and the date and time of their visits. They are also required to present relevant identification documents for verification at the request of the staff on-site during registration.