11 OCT 2019 | FRI | 8PM
BRAHMS Clarinet Sonata in F minor, Op. 120, No. 1
CHOPIN Polonaise in A-flat major, Op. 53
Since 1939, the Geneva Competition has been a platform for establishing the reputation of aspiring classical music artists. The competition has brought attention to some of the most successful musicians of our times, including Martha Argerich, Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli, Friedrich Gulda, Heinz Holliger, Emmanuel Pahud, Maurizio Pollini, Georg Solti, José van Dam, Christian Zacharias, and many more.
This season, we are delighted to welcome clarinettist Vitor Fernandes and pianist Dmitry Shishkin, two prizewinners of the Geneva Competition 2018. The programme includes works by Brahms, Chopin, Liszt, Widmann, and Widor.
*updated September 26, 2019
Dmitry Shishkin, piano
Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre
The University of Hong Kong
- For ages 8+
- Tickets at art-mate.net starting 27 Aug 2019
- HKU students $50 (valid HKU student card required to enter the venue)
- No other discounts available
Dmitry Shishkin – Polonaise No. 6 in A flat major Op. 53 'Héroïque'
Vitor Fernandes - 73e Concours de Genève - International Music Competition Semi-final
- Patrons under the age of 8 will not be admitted.
- Approximately 70 minutes with an intermission
- Guests are advised to arrive punctually.
- No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme.
- Programmes and artists subject to change